7.01.2011

Day 1 - Em's Canvas

So here's what I'm thinking...
I'm going to shoot at 85mm all month and get used to this new lens.
31 Days... 50+ shots per day... that's about 1500 frames.  I really should know this lens inside and out by the time this game is over.

Day 1 - Em's Canvas.
My dear cousin Emily painted her first canvas last year, and I just love it.  I've chosen it as my first subject.
Here's my first shot, almost straight out of the camera:
85mm/1.8@1/25th, ISO 1600

A few shots later, I realized that what I wanted was to show the texture of the paint and canvas in a way that gave this two dimensional medium some life through depth.  So I added a side light, adjusted my settings for the light, change my angle kept shooting until I liked what I saw.  59 frames later, I wound up with this, again nearly straight out of the camera:
85mm/14@1/125, ISO 100


Thoughts? Anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment